Friday, July 21, 2017

Tuesday, 18 July, 2017 --- Day 01 --From Athens To Istanbul


ΚΑΤ’ΕΜΠΟΡΙΑΝ ΚΑΙ ΘΕΩΡΙΑΝ
ES MUSS SEIN
CARTAGO DELENDA EST
Nos perituri mortem salutamus

From Athens To Istanbul
Stats
Day dist: km
Riding time:
Avg speed: km/hour
Max speed: km/hour
Beg day odo:  km
End day odo: km
Dist covered so far: km
Coordinates:

Dear Friends,
The time has come to hit the road. I will start this year's biking adventure in Trabzon, Turkey, which is where I left off last summer, and will bike eastwards towards Georgia. Trabzon is a Turkish town by the Black Sea, about 150kms East of the border with Georgia.

I was supposed to leave on Sunday, but as the saying goes “man proposes God disposes”
My good friend Giorgos picked me up at 15:00 and drove me to kifissos where the bus company was. Well, it was no longer there. Thankfully, it had relocated near there as we found out when we called.

The bus

We left at 17:00. Not a very interesting ride. I’ve done it at least 3 times. We went through Salonica, Thrace, and crossed the border with no incident. I managed to get some sleep on the ride but no more than a couple of hours.

Arrived in Istanbul, the Otogar, at 6:30. Thankfully, I did not have to take Spithas apart, so I just pulled him from the trunk put the panniers on, and Spithas was ready to ride.

ΕΙ ΘΕΟΣ ΥΠΕΡ ΗΜΩΝ, ΤΙΣ ΚΑΘ’ΗΜΩΝ; Προς Ρωμαίους 8:31
IF GOD BE WITH US WHO CAN BE AGAINST US? Romans 8:31

No comments:

Post a Comment